When you are invited to an interview with GHD, it means we think you have potential and we’re keen to know more about you. The interview is your opportunity to demonstrate to us that you are the best candidate for the role, plus it is our opportunity to tell you more about GHD and the opportunities we can provide you.
The following information provides some useful information on how to prepare for a great interview at GHD. It’s also a good idea to do your own research as well.
- Things to consider before your interview:
- What am I trying to get out of my employment with GHD?
- What skills and passion can I bring to the role?
- How do my studies and experience align with this opportunity?
- In most instances, the interview will be a behavioural-based interview with questions that require you to draw upon an example to demonstrate the question at hand. Prepare by writing down as many examples as you can think of from a variety of experiences (university, sport, work, volunteering etc.).
- Make sure you research GHD. Search our website, and brief yourself on our sectors and services, recent performance, projects, competitors, values, and locations across the world.
- Research commonly asked interview questions and prepare answers appropriate to the position and your experience.
- Prepare some questions to ask the interviewer, to show your interest and to also find out if this position is right for you. Plan to be succinct in your responses and consider practicing a mock interview with a friend or family member.
- You may wish to take a notepad and pen with you to the interview with your notes.
- Remember your interviewers are there to ask questions to get the best out of you - let your true personality shine through on the day.