Gender Equality at Austal Australia
Austal recognises that diversity, respect and appreciation of all Employees is integral to creating a collaborative and successful workplace.
Austal affords fair and equitable opportunities to all employees throughout the lifecycle of the employment relationship by conducting activities that are underpinned by the following principles:
- Recruiting and managing performance on the basis of a person’s competence and performance;
- Providing equitable access to employment, learning and development opportunities
- Promoting a culture that empowers and rewards people to act in accordance with Austal values;
- Differences that exist amongst personnel are respected and valued;
- The range of needs of all employees, contractors and customers are best met by the use of inclusive practices and the provision of reasonable adjustments where required;
- Create an inclusive, productive and safe work environment by taking action to prevent and stop unlawful discrimination, bullying and / or harassment; and
- Broadening the workforce profile to be more representative of the diversity in the Australian community.
- Managing and promoting equity and diversity is a key accountability and shared responsibility of every employee and contractor at our workplace.